Hologram: Meet Aelita
Aelita is your assistant for all activities contained within this box. A 2D version exists that can be watched on any screen, for instance, in a mobile device. But first activity in this box consists of assembling an acetated truncated inverted pyramid that will allow us to watch a 3D holographic projection of Aelita, when placed on a tablet. You may scale it to use it on a mobile device or a large screen as well.
- Acetate sheet
- Computer, internet connection and printer
- Felt-tip pen
- Transparent sticky tape
- Listening and understanding English
- Reading QR codes
- Drawing and producing 3D geometrical shapes
- Scale up or down geometrical dimensions
- Know more about the original “Aelita Queen of Mars” novel and movie
- Scissors must be handled with care.
- The edges of the acetate could be sharp.
- Download and print the basic rhombus shape template from here.
- Use a felt-tip pen to draw on an acetate sheet the four of the faces of the rhombus shape in the template.
- Cut the acetate avoiding damages or scratches.
- Fasten all faces together using tape to form a truncated pyramid.
- Read the QR code with a tablet and locate the acetate structure onto the middle of the tablet. Watch the result.
- You can scale down the rhombus to see the hologram with your own smart phone.
If your truncated pyramid is ready you can free Aelita by clicking here
Download the instructions for this experiment in Spanish, French and Dutch
26 de agosto de 2022